July 03, 2012
Complete Food and Nutrition Companion
Well known dietitian/nutritionist Catherine Saxelby has just released her latest book, Catherine Saxelby's Complete Food and Nutrition Companion, The Ultimate A-Z Guide. A 'must have' for your bookshelf it provides an easy to use reference on good health and nutrition.
The topics cover healthy eating through all the life stages- infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood and old age and include information on:-
- the important food groups
- healthy eating in pregnancy and breastfeeding
- preschool aged children and diet
- probiotics and prebiotics
- information on vitamins, minerals, fibre
- tips for helping overweight children
- fast food
- beating bloating and indigestion
- sugars vs sweeters
- buying local and seasonal
- AND MUCH MORE!
Written in an A-Z format you don't have to read the book from cover to cover but can just read what is relevant to your needs. There are lots of tables and guides showing the number of kilojoules needed a day, recommended intakes of vitamins and minerals and safe intakes of supplements.
It is available through bookstores ( RRP $45.00) and Catherine's website www.foodwatch.com.au
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Complete Food and Nutrition Companion: